Except where we tell you otherwise, you are responsible for providing the router, computer, hardware, software and all other equipment required to use the internet and telephony services. It is your responsibility to keep your systems secure and free of viruses, malware and other such infections.
In return for us providing the internet and other services to you, you agree to:
- pay for all the internet and other services that we provide to you (including any additional usage charges) by the due date for payment;
- follow our reasonable instructions about using the internet and other services that we may notify you of from time to time;
- use the internet and other services in a reasonable and responsible manner;
- not use the internet and other services excessively, and that excessive usage may incur extra charges, service restrictions, or suspension of our services to you;
- only use the internet and other services for the purposes that they are provided for;
- not use the internet and other services in any way that is unlawful or offensive or could interfere with our network, any other operator's network or with another customer's usage of our services;
- not use the internet and other services to publish or distribute any information, software or other material which is unlawful or which a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive or defamatory (flaming);
- not redistribute, send, extend or otherwise share the internet and other services outside the boundary of your property;
- not use the internet and other services to send unsolicited electronic mail or documents/messages to any person for the purposes of advertising or promoting any organization, cause, movement or other (spamming);
- not use the internet and other services to gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any systems or in a manner which infringes our rights or the rights of any other person, company or other entity;
- not use the internet and other services for the distribution (via upload or download) of copyrighted material (for example movies/TV series) where you are not the copyright owner, nor do you have permission from the copyright owner to distribute said material;
- not attempt to cloak any unlawful activities, by using VPN (or similar) software, hardware or other technologies;
- not use the internet and other services to knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature, spyware, malware, keyloggers or other such software which could potentially bring harm to any other person, company or other entity;
- take all reasonable care to prevent the spread of viruses, or contamination by virus, of any software or hardware operated by any other person, company or other entity;
- ensure that all personal information that you give us is correct, current and complete and provided in a timely fashion;
- notify us immediately if any of the personal information that you have provided us changes; and
- make sure that anyone else who uses the internet and other services that we provide to you also abides by the terms of this agreement.
You will be responsible for protecting your computer against any virus, unauthorised access or spam. We recommend that you install appropriate firewalls, spam filters and anti-virus software as we do not provide any spam or virus protection with the internet and other services and you will be responsible for any additional traffic that may result from any virus, spam or unathorised access. Therefore, to the extent permitted by law, we accept no liability in relation to any virus, unauthorised access or spam experienced by you. However you are responsible for ensuring the compatibility with the internet services of, and the support and maintenance of:
- firewalls, spam filters, anti-virus and other software; and
- routers and other hardware and software.
You will indemnify us against all liability, losses and costs that we incur through your failure to do any of the above, and through your failure to perform any other obligation that you have under this agreement, or as a result of any claim made against us by a third party as a result of your use of the internet and telephony services, including as a result of material that you generate or disseminate by using the internet and telephony services.